Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Crab Salad



Since today is Ash Wednesday I figured that I should share a recipe that could be used today, any Friday during Lent, or any day of the year. I will also try, now that it is Lent, to stay away from recipes for dessert; but I can’t make any promises.

Now, I’m sure that some of you are thinking that you have seen this recipe before, and in a way you have. A while ago I posted a recipe for chicken salad and this recipe is almost exactly the same. But, if you watch Food Network or Cooking Channel or go on their websites you will see maybe 10 versions of the same recipe from the same chef. This is not chicken salad, this is crab salad, and therefore it is a different recipe.


What You’ll Need…

16oz Real Crab Meat (Already cooked)
1 Green Onion (Chopped)
1 Celery Rib (Chopped)
¼ - ½ Cup Raisins
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 ½ - 2 Tablespoons Mustard
Sriracha Sauce (To taste)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
½ Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Herbes de Provence
Black Pepper (To taste)
Salt (To taste)

Start out by chopping your vegetables. Once the vegetables have been chopped make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, and spices. I find it helpful to make this dressing in the bowl that I am going to serve the salad in.

Onto the crab. Make sure that you go through the crab to make sure that there are no shell pieces. Now add the crab, onion, celery, and raisins to the sauce and stir thoroughly.

I find that the salad is best chilled, but you can always eat it right after preparing it.

Serve with crackers, bread, or tortillas. I also find that a pickle goes well with the salad on a sandwich or in a wrap.

Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

(I will have a picture of this dish after this weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment