Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Almond Cake



This cake has a delicious almond flavor; but trust me; it is not something that you want to make for a birthday cake. The reason behind this is because the cake is dry. I know, I know… if I know that the cake is dry why am I sharing the recipe with you? When I came up with this recipe I wanted a dry cake because we had planned to top it with pudding. When you top it with pudding, ice cream, or even yogurt the topping sinks into the cake and it is a perfect combination. Don’t believe me? Try the cake for yourself.


What You’ll Need…

1 Cup Almond Flour
1 C All-purpose Flour
1 Egg
¼ Cup Vegetable/Canola Oil
¼ Cup Honey
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
½ Cup Milk
A Pinch of Salt
1 Tablespoon Almond Paste
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Pre-heat your oven to 350.

In  a small mixing bowl combine almond flour, all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda. In a separate mixing bowl combine the egg, oil, honey, milk, vanilla, and almond paste. Add the almond paste last because it is pretty solid.

Now, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine.

Once the batter is thoroughly combined pour it into a greased baking pan. I personally use a “brownie” pan, but you can use any size pan that you like.

Bake the cake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Allow the cake to cool in the pan on top of a cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning the cake out onto the cake. When ready to serve top with ice cream, pudding, yogurt, or anything you like.

Store any leftovers in a Ziploc bag, the cake stores well in the freezer.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment